Over 100 years of experience in oak barrel production
Since we began making wooden barrels over 100 years ago Speidel’s latest developments have benefited from our multi-generational experience: the FD-MKEH tank unites all the advantages of a Speidel tank with the characteristics of a real oak barrel.
The respiration and perfect temperature equalisation guaranteed by the tank’s wooden shell permits a sensory balancing of the aroma. The connection of oak and stainless steel creates a significant improvement in quality.
The unique groove joint connection of oak and stainless steel guarantees two things: you will obtain better wines and be able to enjoy this Speidel-made 'gem' for many years to come.
The red wine mash fermentation tank with oak shell comes with a mash bottom outlet and a hinged door. The bottom outlet is made of stainless steel and – in contrast to tanks that are entirely made of wood – guarantees easier draining and cleaning.
- Up to tank-ø of 2,000 mm made of AISI 316 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- From tank-ø of 2,200 mm upwards made of AISI 316 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R) / IIIc (2B), not marbled outside
- Ladder safety bow, lifting lugs
- Oak 55 mm wall thickness with unique matched joint of wood and stainless steel
- Up to tank-ø of 2,000 mm made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- From tank-ø of 2,200 mm upwards made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R) / IIIc (2B), not marbled outside
- Free-standing on welded-on box-shaped legs
- Up to 5,300 litres filler neck NW 800, located in the centre of the tank top, flap lid with vent neck NW 50 Rd 78 x 1/6", secured by bars
- From 6,100 litres upwards filler neck NW 1000, located in the centre of the tank top, flap lid with vent neck NW 50 Rd 78 x 1/6", secured by bars
- Weld-on thread NW 10 DIN 11851
- Weld-on thread NW 10 DIN 11851 with sealing cap including fastening points at tank shell (for the installation of fill level indicator)
- Reinforcing plate with drilled hole ø 48 mm, to hold the mounted flap valve or weld-on thread NW 50 DIN 11851
Juice total outlet / -filling
- Weld-on neck NW 65
FD-MKEHTK: mash bottom outlet and hinged door
- Mash bottom outlet B = 530 x H = 400 mm with outwards opening hinged door: the door is left hinged; door handle on the right (extract a sufficient amount of juice in order to avoid the emission of wine while opening)
- Discharge height X = 580 mm
Do you have questions or need advice?
Please call us on
+49 (0)7473 9462-0 or use the enquiry form:
3,000 to 11,000 litres
Here you can download various pdf files with detailed information about product versions, dimensions and accessories:
- Respiration via wooden shell
- Perfect temperature equalisation via the wooden shell
- Sensory balancing / perfection of the aroma
- Compared to a tank entirely made of wood: remarkably better cleaning / draining via the stainless steel bottom outlet
- Significant improvement in quality due to the combination of oak timber and stainless steel
- Unique matched joint of oak timber and stainless steel in typical Speidel quality