The little black one
Wine was already aged in egg-shaped amphorae in ancient times. In recent years, fermentation has been tested in various forms in viticulture. We have now developed a stainless steel fermenter that combines the advantages of the egg shape with the advantages of a stainless steel tank and a unique design. The Black Eye looks like a space satellite from the outside and provides a gentle and well controllable fermentation inside.
Due to its unique shape, the yeast can circulate smoothly during the fermentation phase. In science it is assumed that this free circulation is an advantage for the fermentation process and thus for the entire aroma spectrum. In contrast to a concrete fermentation barrel, our Black Eye guarantees the necessary hygiene. Thanks to the perfect welding seams and the highly smooth inner walls, the fermenting chamber is also very easy to clean.
- Tank shell and tank bottom made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- Tank top made of AISI 316 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- DOM NW400 centered in the middle of the tank top with flap lid with venting nozzle NW50 DIN 11851
- Free-standing base tank on three welded-on legs
- Weld-on thread NW 10 DIN 11851 with sealing cap (for the installation of sampling tap)
- Weld-on thread NW50 DIN 11851
- Weld-on thread NW10 DIN 11851
- Vaulted, stable tank bottom, in bottom centre with forward drawn discharge pipe and outlet with thread NW 50 DIN 11851
Do you have questions or need advice?
Please call us on
+49 (0)7473 9462-0 or use the enquiry form:
625 to 1,000 litres
Here you can download various pdf files with detailed information about product versions, dimensions and accessories: