Quality is what we are all about!
The immersion of the marc executed by Speidel’s red wine mash plunger has been inspired by the typical manual pushing that is still practised today. Due to the low mechanic pressure the grapes are almost undamaged. This way – and despite the greatest possible extraction of the mash – a low sludge content is achieved.
A reinforced pneumatic cylinder moves the immersion unit up and down. At the moment of the immersion, namely when 'impacting' the marc, two cone-shaped folding wings facing each other put themselves in a flat position and immerse the grapes into the juice.
When moved upwards the folding wings adopt an inclined position and generate a twisting effect of approx. 30 °. This is repeated until the entire marc is fully disintegrated, immersed and drenched with the must.
The immersion and interval times can be pre-selected at your convenience. This grants the winemaker the opportunity to produce individual and complex red wines. The system itself is simple and highly effective: spacious installations that could cause sedimentary depositions or dirt corners are not required.
- Up to tank-ø of 2,000 mm made of AISI 316 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- From tank-ø of 2,200 mm upwards made of AISI 316 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R) / IIIc (2B)
- Ladder safety bow, lifting lugs
- Made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- Up to tank-ø of 2,000 mm made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R), marbled outside
- From tank-ø of 2,200 mm upwards made of AISI 304 stainless steel, surface IIId (2R) / IIIc (2B)
- Free standing on welded box-shaped legs
- Filler neck NW 400, located in tank top with an upright forward position (tank top with bead extrusion for complete ventilation)
- Flap lid with vent neck NW 50 Rd 78 x 1/6"
- Weld-on thread NW 10 DIN 11851
- Threaded sleeve with locking screw and cap nut NW 10 DIN 11851
- Bi-metal dial thermometer ø 100 mm, measurement range - 20 °C to +60 °C
- Weld-on thread NW 20 DIN 11851
- Sampling tap with cap nut NW 20 DIN 11851
- Reinforced plate with drilled hole ø 48 mm (to hold flap valve or weld-on thread NW 50 DIN 11851)
Juice total outlet / -FILLING
- Welded-on neck NW 65 DIN 11851
Mash immersion system
- Electronic control system (Stainless steel control cabinet, by default located on the right), Connection 220 V, 50 Hz
- Immersion time and pause time inverter controlled
- Pneumatic cylinder flange mounted on the reinforced top
- Piston rod and immersion unit made of stainless steel
Do you have questions or need advice?
Please call us on
+49 (0)7473 9462-0 or use the enquiry form:
5,300 to 29,400 litres
Here you can download various pdf files with detailed information about product versions, dimensions and accessories:
- Gentle processing of the grape material
- High colour and aroma extraction
- Single systems can be combined
- State-of-the-art technology
- Low content of sludge
- Optional grape seed output
- Controllable cooling / heating of the tanks
- Cooperation with wine growing institutes
- Tried and tested for generations.